The heritage of the De Carlo family in the olive oil cultivation dates back to the 16th century and its first awards to 1901. The farm is located near Bari in Apulia, a region overlooking the Adriatic and Ionian seas which has been inextricably associated with the production of olive oil.
In the 1980s, the De Carlos decided to promote the fine quality of their oil by making it known around the world. They soon succeeded in establishing themselves on the national and international markets. In the firm belief that the development of the company was not incompatible with the long tradition implicit in the De Carlo name, the mill was moved to its current site, where it is periodically updated with technologically advanced equipment whilst still preserving its traditional origins.